Beware: Hundreds Of Zombies Are Taking Over Balboa Park This Saturday!See + Do The 10th anniversary of Zombiewalk & Sock Drive for SD's homeless community
This year marks 10 years of America’s Finest Zombies shambling through San Diego!
Just like last year, Zombiewalk will be collecting socks for San Diego’s homeless population – so please bring a new pair (or several) in their original packaging!
Bring at least two pairs of new, unworn socks and get a collectible treat!
Last year, our community was able to donate over 300 pairs of socks. Can we gather 500 pairs this year? Maybe even 1000?
Meet at the fountain at El Prado, between the Fleet Science Center and the Natural History Museum, in Balboa Park.
The walk will begin promptly at 2:45PM. Please do not arrive before 2:30PM.
There’s a Thriller Flashmob taking place in Old Town at 6:00PM! We want San Diego’s undead community to be able to participate in both events and since we had already planned to hold the walk on the 21st and that’s when the flashmob is taking place.
We’re going to hold the walk early enough for zombies to shamble with us and then go get their dance on in Old Town!
The zombiewalk is open to everyone who shows up as the undead and is willing to follow the walk guidelines. Bring your grandparents, bring your kids, bring your dog! Remember… the more the scarier!
The zombiewalk has always been and will always be FREE!
- Please come dressed / made-up as a zombie.
- Do NOT bring extra blood/latex/anything messy to the meeting location with you. You may NOT leave blood on the ground at/near the meeting location or along the walk route. You will be asked to leave if you are seen doing so. Please respect our local community. Being a “zombie” does not excuse you from common courtesy.
- We strongly encourage you to get creative with your own outfit & makeup BEFORE the walk as there will be NO onsite assistance with zombification.
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND. Even toys/props. You will be asked to put them in your car or take them home. Zombies do not use weapons and this is a zombiewalk, not a zombie-hunter walk 😉
- No booze or drugs! Being a zombie is fun enough!
- Please be sure to check out our walk guidelines. They are important to make sure we have a walk that is fun & safe for everyone involved and/or watching… and ensure our ability to continue holding zombiewalks in San Diego.