7 Simple Things You Need To Know If You’re Going To The San Diego County FairActive Life So much good in one place...
The San Diego County Fair is completely packed with summer sweetness – it’s almost too much to wrap our summer brains around!
Because There San Diego wants to keep your summer stress to a minimal (we care), we’ve narrowed it down to a list of 7 simple things you need to know, here:
1. Dates and times: June 2nd through July 4th. See image directly below for closed dates.
- Individual day tickets: $18 adults / $11 seniors and kids over 6 years old / Free for children 5 years old and younger
- The season pass gets you all 26 days of the fair for $26 (this pass also gets you discounts to concerts)! We highly recommend this pass for those of you who want to go to the fair more than once – and are interested in seeing various concerts.
3. $5 Fair Days: June 2nd, June 3rd, and June 7th, fair entry is only $5. Can’t beat that!
4. Concerts: Aloe Blacc, Collective Soul, Leann Rimes, and more will be joining the Toyota Summer Concert Series on the Grandstand Stage. But don’t forget to check out the handful of other venues in the fair that will be hosting country concerts, Electronic Fridays, and more.
5. Special events: almost every day holds a special treat – like a wine festival that you and your friends simply have to be at, a romantic farm-to-table dinner, a car show for the guys (and girls!), and more.
6. Rides: from a laid back Ferris wheel ride to more thrilling drops, a day at the fair will have everything the family needs to stay entertained. Hit “play” on the video below to get the best overview of all the rides.
7. Animals: have you seen pigs race yet? Well the fair has that, petting zoos, horse shows, and more.
*Bonus* New this year: check out the 200-head cattle drive in the Gaslamp, bring your little ones to the kid’s pedal tractor pull, take a load off at the BBQ & Brew contest, and more.
In San Diego, we’re used to having so much good in one place. But sometimes a little simplification goes a long way! Hope this list takes the stress out of the job and lets you, your family and friends enjoy the fair!