IDEA1 Grand Opening Will Showcase Their New ‘Creative’ Community, And It’s Cool…Lifestyle Live, work, collaborate, and create all in one community with like-minded people
The IDEA1 Grand Opening will showcase their new mixed-use community with live/work lofts, collaborative workspaces, urban apartment homes and commercial space all set in East Village – it’s just a cool concept.
It is like a professional dorm room for people who loved the dorm experience and connection to their peers. We know the concept will not be for everyone but we can say with certainty we would have loved something like this when we were younger!
With a total of 295 apartment homes, 5,000 square feet of restaurant space, and 7,700 square feet of creative office space on the street level and a variety of common areas, IDEA1 is designed to help grow a community of entrepreneurs and professionals.
The Grand Opening event is open to the public and all proceeds go to Urban Discovery Academy – a free-public charter school serving TK through 8th grade students in the heart of the I.D.E.A. District.
Check out the Grand Opening event agenda and pictures below to see what they have in store.
This event is designed to showcase the unique design features and experiences of the project with food and drink tastings, special performances, live music, art installations and more.
The IDEA1 Grand Opening lineup:
- Food samples from Brian’s 24, BESHOCK Ramen, The Corner Drafthouse, Lola 55, Park & Rec, Renegade, Waypoint Public and Searsucker
- Two complimentary drinks including hand-crafted cocktails by Snake Oil Cocktail Company, beer from Half Door Brewing and Young Hickory and a selection of red and white wine
- Three educational experiences in the “IDEA Box”, and accessible think space that also doubles as a 10′ x 17′ projection screen
- Chef demo
- DIY succulent wreath with Rain to Roots
- Beer education
- Whiskey tasting and donuts on the rooftop amenity deck
- Brittany Segal, a San Diego artist who utilizes an ever changing diversity of mediums, will take over the largest penthouse for an artist showcase
- Tours of IDEA1
- Music by Follow
- Two performances by Malashock Dance, San Diego’s premier modern dance company
The community includes a 2,000 square foot exercise room, rooftop clubhouse, outdoor deck, bike repair shop and gravity-defying water tower spa that overlooks the Downtown San Diego skyline and bay.
To explore everything IDEA1 has to offer, please visit their website and we will see you at the Grand Opening Party tonight!