MUSE Exhibit: The 9 Murals Of San Diego’s MuseumsArts & Culture After all, it is the 'moment of the mural'
Every museum in San Diego has its own special flare. Some people like the Museum of Photographic Arts because of its impressive moments, captured in time. Others prefer the living, breathing flora of the San Diego Botanic Gardens.
One thing I think we can all agree on, is that there is an art form on the rise in our fine city: the mural.
The San Diego Museum Council (SDMC) has harnessed this momentum of the mural medium and gathered nine of San Diego’s top museums for one epic collaboration, “MUSE: The San Diego Museum Murals Exhibition.”
Saturday, June 17th through Friday, June 30th, La Bodega Gallery in Barrio Logan will host this one-of-a-kind exhibition in which each of the nine participating museums will be represented by a mural that depicts its unique qualities.
Lead art curator Danielle Deery has paired each of the museums with a local artist. The artists’ goal will be to create a mural inspired by each museum’s mission and offerings.
And with the impressive lineup of names, we have no doubt this will be one stunning show. Just check out these pairings:
- Coronado Historical Association by Denisse Wolf
- Maritime Museum of San Diego by Julia A. Gomez
- Museum of Photographic Arts by Mike Maxwell
- New Americans Museum by Evgeniya Golik
- Oceanside Museum of Art by Neil Brooks
- San Diego Botanic Garden by Karl GMONIK
- San Diego Natural History Museum by Celeste Byers
- Tijuana Estuary by Audrey Carver
- USS Midway Museum by Duke Windsor
The exhibition is free and open to the public Monday through Friday from 12-6 p.m., from June 17th-30th.