The 2nd Annual TheFitExpo™ Returns To San DiegoActive Life The West Coast’s largest fitness expo returns for the ultimate weekend of fitness!
The Reign’s TheFitExpo™ San Diego, the West Coast’s largest fitness expo, returns to San Diego for the second year in October. This ultimate weekend of fitness will offer 10 free competitions, cutting edge classes, over 200 companies selling the hottest new health & fitness products, and tons of free samples!
“After the overwhelming support of our inaugural TheFitExpo San Diego, we are excited to be returning with an even bigger event,” said Erin Ferries, Executive Director, TheFitExpo National Fitness Productions. “We want to invite people of all ages and from all fitness levels to come out and experience everything TheFitExpo has to offer. Our hope is to inspire them to live a healthier lifestyle.”
A powerhouse of fitness greats slated to appear include:
The lineup of fitness stars includes:
- 4X Mr. Olympia Champion, Jay Cutler
- American Ninja Warrior, Jessie Graff
- 4X Mr. Universe and Hall of Fame Bodybuilder, Sugar Shawn Ray
- Personal trainer and former NFL player and San Diego Chargers Mike Douglass
- Social media/fitness sensation with 1.8 million followers and founder of WRKETHIC Supplements, Cassandra Martin
- Local San Diego favorite the “Glute Guy”, Bret Contreras
- 5X Mr. Ironman, Chris Cormier
- IFBB Figure Pro Candice, Carter Lewis
- 2X champion and current 2019 Ms. Olympia, Shanique Grant
- 2018’s Mr. Olympia Physique, Brandon Hendrickson
- 2X Ms. Bikini Olympia, Angelica Teixeira
- Teen athlete and social media influencer, Demi Bagby
And many more!
Featuring amazing events for everyone
Amazing events featured at the Expo will be the Monster Muscle Battle of the Bars (calisthenics) and the Spartan Dash. For inspiration, Local fitness groups to cheer on include: the San Diego GYMnastics Demo and Competitive Team; Team Freestyle (martial arts demo team); and De Leon Dynamics (aerial and parkour movements).
The Ultimate Athlete Bootcamp presents the Gauntlet Attendee Challenge where individuals can test out their fitness skills in a series of three exercises, fastest time wins.
Plus train like a NFL player and get tips from NFL Champions and co-founders of Ultimate Athlete Bootcamp, D’Juan Woods and Michael Myers.
The healthy and vegan lifestyle
Bring your appetite for nutritional knowledge to our Healthy Living Pavilion, where some of the most innovative natural products and services are available all under one roof. The vegan lifestyle is front and center at the Expo with the following panels:
- Renowned vegan chefs’ Giacomo Marchese and Eric Bassett will demo easy and tasty recipes
- Becoming Vegan Strong Panel (a vegan muscle building) with Dani Taylor, Ryan Nelson, and Bill Muir together share some fitness tips
- The Vegan Bodybuilding 101 Panel with athletes Vanessa Espinoza, Giacomo Marchese and Robert Cheeke offer working out strategies for success.
Come dressed to work out at The Group Training Zone, which features free mini-workouts with the area’s top fitness professionals, and win prizes for fitness challenges. TheFitExpo has teamed up with the American Cancer Society for October’s Cancer Awareness Month campaign. On Sunday, October 13, the Expo will donate $1 for each person who works out at our Group Training Zone stage.
Calling all fitness pros
For fitness pros, there will be two Zumba® instructor training workshops, Zumba® Basic (Saturday) and Strong by Zumba® (Sunday) as well as the NASM Fit Pro Day (Saturday), a premier source for fitness and wellness training and certification. Fitness pros can earn up to 6 continuing education units during the weekend with San Diego based training expert Fabio Comana (separate fee).
GROOV3 will present Wow the Crowd – Dance Fitness Instructor Showcase. This high-energy fitness event brings the three top area dance fitness instructors champions that have won the Wow the Crowd title at recent events. This two-year contest brought dance fitness instructors head-to-head as they lead the crowd in their favorite styles. The crowd voted and one winner was crowned. Warming up the showcase will be YouTube Sensation and Recording artist, Lexy Panterra.
Cheer on or join exciting contests
Expo attendees will once again cheer on competitors participating in returning contests include the Reign Total Body Fuel presents TheFitExpo Powerlifting contest, Point Muay Thai Tournament style competition, and the Dream Jiu-Jitsu Championship. Attendees will get the chance to get into the action as Reign presents TheFitExpo’s Best and MAXREPS contests, with cash and prizes to the winners.
You can also get into the Halloween spirit at the Expo! On Sunday, October 13, dress to impress and enter TheFitExpo Halloween Costume Contest and win a special TheFitExpo package. For the younger family members, The Kids BOO-gle Down Costume Contest will take place with plenty of treats (children12 and under).
For full information on TheFitExpo, call (818) 545-0290 or visit www.thefitexpo.com.
See you there!