TrustedHousesitters And The Animal Pad Partner for National #SeetheLight Campaign For Remember Me Thursday
TrustedHousesitters, the largest and most trusted pet care community of its kind, is partnering with local dog rescue, The Animal Pad, to honor the national #SeetheLight campaign and honor Remember Me Thursday® on Thursday, September 22.
Hosted at Liberty Station behind the Courtyard Marriot Hotel, pups and their humans are invited to join this wonderful celebration shedding a light on the importance of animal rescues, adoption and pet fostering. This free event will include beach games, cute photo ops, giveaways, and an opportunity for guests to go out and paddleboard with their pups in partnership with SUP PUPS and West Coast Paddle Sports!
“It’s so important to us for everyone to understand the importance of Remember Me Thursday®,” said Angela Laws, award-winning community manager of TrustedHousesitters and fellow pet sitter. “Every pup out there deserves to live in a loving, furever home. Unfortunately, right now there is a high shortage of shelter space and fosters, leading to more dogs on the streets. We hope that with this event we can not only shed light on this, but also honor those lives of pets that were unable to find their furever homes.”.
10 years of helping orphan pets in need
Now going into its tenth year, Remember Me Thursday® aims to unite individuals and pet adoption organizations around the world to be an unstoppable, integrated voice for orphan pets in need of furever homes. Through the years over 190 countries supported the movement with hundreds of thousands of individuals and more than 700 separate animal welfare organizations around the globe. Celebrities such as Diane Keaton, Kristin Chenoweth, George Lopez, Katherine Heigl, Bethenny Frankel and dozens more have also joined the cause.
Remember Me Thursday 2022 event breakdown
TrustedHousesitter’s Remember Me Thursday® will be taking place on Thursday, September 22nd at Liberty Station (2592 Laning Rd. San Diego, CA 92106, behind the Courtyard Marriot Hotel). Below is a breakdown of the event:
5:30PM | SUP PUPS & West Coast Paddle Sports Paddleboard Check-In
- There are 25 spots open for rent. The cost is $40 per person and includes the paddleboard rental, photos, snacks, refreshments, goodie bags, bonfire and s’mores kit.
- Attendees are also welcome to bring their own paddleboards and join in on the fun.
- SUP PUPS is donating $5 from each rental to The Animal Pad.
6PM-7PM | Paddleboarding + More Fun!
- Attendees paddleboarding will head out on the water and get to paddle with their pups, while taking some awesome sunset pictures.
- Pups and their humans staying on land will get to play cornhole, jumbo jenga, take some pictures at the branded photo booth, and purchase some raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle are going to The Animal Pad.
7PM-8PM | Bonfire + Vigil Ceremony
- Helen Woodward will join the ceremony to share a poem and explain the importance of the event.
- Following the poem, attendees will be invited to light their candles and hold a moment of silence for the animals that never found their furever homes and passed in their shelters or on the streets.
See you there, San Diego!