Tickets Officially On Sale For The Inaugural Del Mar Wine + Food Festival
Tickets are officially on sale for the inaugural Del Mar Wine & Food Festival taking place September 6-11, 2023. The new six-day destination event was created by a group of famed San Diego natives to celebrate the soul of the SoCal lifestyle.
More than 25 events planned throughout San Diego’s coastal North County will unite a star-studded lineup of San Diego and SoCal chefs, celebrity friends, wine and spirits producers, and legendary professional athletes to introduce an impressive new culinary-fueled experience that transcends the West Coast’s festival scene.
San Diego Wave FC kicks off Inaugural Del Mar Wine & Food Festival
To kick things off, National Women’s Soccer League’s San Diego Wave FC and its decorated athletes will host the opening night party with a celebration of the region’s most iconic street food. Professional surfer, Rob Machado, is leading surf lessons and a beach cleanup.
Future Hall of Fame NFL quarterback, Drew Brees, is throwing a celebrity pickleball tournament to raise funds for the festival’s charitable beneficiary, Feeding San Diego, and Dos Hombres Mezcal, founded by friends and former co-stars Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston, will host a pairing dinner experience.
Unforgettable Culinary Collaborations
The week’s festivities will continue as Michelin-starred standouts, James Beard honorees, renowned TV hosts, and top culinary talent from across the California-Baja regions come together for a variety of one-night-only collaborations.
Exclusive wine dinners, walk-around tastings, and after-hours celebrations from Del Mar to Oceanside will see the involvement of critically-acclaimed chefs including Aaron May, Aarti Sequeira, Antonia Lofaso, Aron Schwartz, Beau MacMillan, Brad Wise, Brandon Jennings, Brandon Rodgers, Brian Malarkey, Carlos Anthony, Catherine McCord, Claudette Zepeda, Claudia Sandoval, Drew Deckman, Eric Greenspan, Jackson Kalb, Jeffrey Strauss, Josh Holt, Kelli Crosson, Roberto Alcocer, Tara Monsod, Tim Kolanko, and many more.
All-Inclusive Grand Tasting Caps Off Del Mar Fest
The week will culminate with the two-day, all-inclusive Grand Tasting on Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10 at one of San Diego’s largest outdoor venues, Surf Sports Park (formerly San Diego Polo Fields). Nearly 80 acres of pristine grounds will be transformed into an unforgettable wine and food celebration complete with live music and entertainment, immersive lifestyle experiences, dynamic pop-ups, brand activations, and much more.
The Grand Tasting offers one or two-day passes with options for VIP, early entry, or general admission. Elements include:
- Tastings from chefs and restaurants, domestic and international wine, beer and spirit purveyors, and gourmet food brands
- Luxury VIP tent offering an exclusive food-and-wine experience with celebrity chef encounters, tastings, premier wine selections, lounge seating, and more
- A “Baja Vida” exploration of flavors inspired by the vibrant history of one of Mexico’s most unique regions, with hand-crafted spirits that take you on a bold flavor adventure South of the Border
- “Plant-Curious” gathering with celebrity TV host and author Catherine McCord featuring tasty bites and a creative showcase of plant-based brands
- “Brandt Beef Experience Tour” featuring responsibly raised, 100% source verified Brawley, California, family-raised Brandt Beef presented by prominent chefs from the West Coast alongside unique experiences including Michelin-inspired pairings, live demonstrations, and a pop-up butchery hosted by Ranch 45
- Restaurants competing in Saturday’s “Locals’ Favorite” and Sunday’s “Avocado Cup” culinary showdown, where you’ll be the judge to award two winning chefs $15,000 in cash and prizes as well as a custom surfboard “trophy” from Rob Machado
- Wonderbus double decker concerts on wheels stationed throughout the festival with a full lineup of live musical entertainment
- Free after-hours concert on Saturday with a surprise performance from one of country music’s most exciting new artists
San Diego as the next big food and drink scene!
Del Mar Wine & Food Festival co-founder, Ernie Hahn, is the owner of Hahn Entertainment. Over the last 30 years, he has been involved with more than 3,000 of the city’s largest concerts and events as the general manager of the former San Diego Sports Arena. He’s one of six partners creating the festival, including Food Network personality and San Diego Magazine co-owner, Troy Johnson; San Diego Magazine CEO, Claire Johnson; San Diego native and wine-and-food festival veteran, Chris Finn; and Jeremy McDonald, an executive of Surf Sports.
“San Diego is the next big food and drink scene,” says Troy Johnson. “It’s ready for the national stage and this is us throwing it a party, showing it off, saying, ‘Holy crap! It’s really happening down here! You should come experience it, and taste it, and drink it in.’ I asked chef friends here, asked Food Network friends. All of them just said, ‘Absolutely yes.’ It’s gonna be a rare and cool thing. Celebrating the city’s food and drink culture… and just the SoCal culture overall… with the help of friends.”
The Del Mar Wine & Food Festival tickets and preliminary line-up of events is now available online here. Additional events and details will be released in the weeks to come.
See you there, San Diego!