Bastille Day At Wormwood Features Special Cocktail And Menu
University Heights absinthe bar, Wormwood, will run Bastille Day specials on Thursday, July 14 to commemorate the French national holiday that remembers the beginning of the French Revolution and the rights and freedoms of the people.
A special menu on Bastille Day at Wormwood
On Bastille Day (July 14), Wormwood will offer a special menu that can be ordered a la carte or as a tasting menu. These limited-time selections complement Wormwood’s penchant for cuisine that blends the flavors and techniques found in Baja and modern French cooking, and will include:
- Watermelon gazpacho – honeydew, crème fraiche, garden herbs
- Ratatouille pavé – escargot adobado, sauce pimento
- Street corn cremeux – Chilean black truffles, tajin, lime crema
- Saumon au beurre – Ōra King salmon, physalis, cucumber, hoja santa,horseradish, chives
- Mille crêpe cake – mango, passion fruit caramel, coconut horchata crème glacée
Get a taste of the Fairy Freedom
During Bastille Day specials at Wormwood, enjoy a special cocktail, La Fée Liberté (literal translation: “fairy freedom”) crafted with absinthe, vodka, pisco, Chareau (a liqueur made with aloe vera), honeydew melon syrup, lime, and mint.
You’ll discover why the “green fairy” spirit was once a preferred drink of Parisian artists via Bastille Day absinthe tasting flights.
On this day, Wormwood will also have a poet to write on-the-spot poetry for guests looking to truly embrace the creative, Bohemian spirit of Old Paris. Simply provide Wormwood’s poet a chosen topic, and a personalized poem will be created then and there – free of charge, with tips welcome.
See you there, San Diego!