A Climate Change Rally Of Epic Proportions
Do you believe that Climate Change is not a hoax!? If so, head to the Federal Building on Tuesday, February 21st. Starting at 6 p.m., all lovers of San Diego climate – and climate all over the world – will gather downtown to make their voices heard.
The rally calls upon the President, House and Senate to implement a National World War II-scale Mobilization to transition the U.S. from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
The San Diego Climate Mobilization Coalition is part of a nationwide climate advocacy and environmental action organization based in New York City.
Speakers will include:
- Wesley Clark, Jr., Dakota Access Pipeline Activist and organizer of U.S. military veterans to support the water protectors of Standing Rock, South Dakota
- Diane Takvorian, Executive Director, Environmental Health Coalition
- Ruben Arizmendi, Chairman, San Diego Sierra Club
- Cody Petterson, Vice President, Impact Assessment
Major goals of the movement are:
1. Immediately commence a social and economic mobilization to restore a climate that is safe, stable, and supportive of human civilization.
2. Reduce our country’s net greenhouse gas emissions 100 percent by 2025
3. Enlist tens of millions of Americans in efforts to rapidly expand our carbon-neutral energy and agricultural systems, conduct groundbreaking research, and implement large-scale adaptation measures.
4. Conduct this mobilization in accordance with the Constitution and ensure that the essential needs of the civilian economy are met during this time of transition.
5. Establish the following imperatives as our nation’s top foreign policy priorities: A 100 percent reduction of global net greenhouse gas emissions at wartime speed, and the deployment of comprehensive measures that remove greenhouse gases from the atmosphere until a safe climate is restored.