A Giant Sandcastle Contest And Festival At Imperial Beach
We don’t know about you, but we’ve never seen anyone sad at a giant sandcastle contest!
Top it off with a weekend festival of parades, pancake breakfasts, live music, children’s activities, a Kids ‘n’ Kastles competition, and delicious food from the joining Farmer’s Market and International Food Fair, and you have the legendary Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival!
It doesn’t even stop there. As if that wasn’t enough, the weekend of July 14th and 15th will also host a 3k beach walk/run, a swim and paddle, sandcastle ball and more!
Here’s a look at the festival’s schedule:
Friday, July 14th
- 8 am: 3k Beach Walk/Run starting at the Pier
- 8 am – 10 am: Mayor’s 3rd Annual Imperial Beach Pier Swim & Paddle (Dempsey Holder Safety Center IB Lifeguard Tower)
- 10 am: Mayor’s Breakfast at Pier Plaza
- Noon – dusk: Exhibition Sandcastle on Display
- 6 pm – midnight: Sandcastle Ball
Saturday, July 15th
- 7 am – 9 am: Pancake Breakfast – Pier Plaza – $5
- 8 am: Parade Check-in at Imperial Beach Sports Park
- 8 am – 2 pm: Master Sand Sculptures Constructed north of the pier
- 9 am -10 am: Parade travels west on Imperial Beach Blvd to Seacoast Dr. North to Old Palm Ave ending at Silver Strand Blvd
- 10 am – 5 pm: Food Fair open along Seacoast Drive Dempsey Holder Center and Pier South
- 10 am – 5 pm: Children’s Activities (Kids Zone in Dune’s Park)
- 11 am: Parade Competition Awards at Pier Plaza Stage
- Noon – 1:30 pm: Kids ‘n’ Kastles Sand-Building Competition adjacent to Dune’s Park
- 2 pm – 4 pm: Judging of Sandcastles
- 4 pm – 5 pm: Sandcastle Awards Ceremony at Pier Plaza