The Kids Are Free (In October)!
This October, the kids are free and there’s a party to celebrate it!
The San Diego Museum Council (SDMC) and ScholarShare present Kids Free in October, which provides free admission for kids age 12 and under at over 40 art, cultural, and science museums in San Diego County.
From learning about dinosaurs and military heroes to astronauts and artists, kids get to explore cultural destinations and attractions across the county.
You’d be surprised to learn how many museums are located across the San Diego region—from the California Surf Museum in Oceanside down to the Living Coast Discovery Center in Chula Vista.
How It Works
To participate, simply download the Kids Free in October coupon and present it at the participating museum’s admissions desk.
Free admission is available for up to two kids for every adult ticket purchase.
1. Barona Cultural Center & Museum
2. Birch Aquarium at Scripps
3. Cabrillo National Monument
4. California Center for the Arts Museum
5. California Surf Museum
6. Coronado Museum of History & Art
7. Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
8. Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
9. Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
10. Heritage of the Americas Museum
11. Japanese Friendship Garden
12. La Jolla Historical Society
13. Living Coast Discovery Center
14. Lux Art Institute
15. Maritime Museum of San Diego
16. Marston House Museum & Gardens
17. Mingei International Museum
18. Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
19. Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
20. Museum of Making Music
21. Museum of Photographic Arts
22. New Americans Museum
23. Oceanside Museum of Art
24. San Diego Air & Space Museum
25. San Diego Archaeological Center
26. San Diego Art Institute
27. San Diego Automotive Museum
28. San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
29. San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
30. San Diego History Center
31. San Diego Model Railroad Museum
32. San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat)
33. Serra Museum
34. The New Children’s Museum
35. The San Diego Museum of Art
36. The Water Conservation Garden
37. Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
38. Timken Museum of Art
39. USS Midway Museum
40. Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
41. Visions Art Museum
42. Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
43. Women’s Museum of California
Kickoff Party: Museum Mash Up
To celebrate the awesome event, there will be a Kids Free in October kickoff party, Museum Mash Up, on Sunday, October 1st from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at The New Children’s Museum Park.
More than 10 museums will be on-site offering hands-on activities, entertainment, and more.
Enjoy performances by the San Diego Symphony, the Water Conservation Garden’s Ms. Smartyplants, and a drumline from the Museum of Making Music.
Plus, they will have Kids Free coupons at the event. A win, win!