Love Your Heart Event with Free Health Screenings, Fitness Classes and Giveaways at Otay Ranch Town Center
Celebrate Heart Month With Assortment of Family-Friendly Activities
February is Heart Month and to help encourage everyone to be good to theirs, Otay Ranch Town Center is hosting a special “Love Your Heart” free community event to celebrate. From Noon until 3 p.m. on Saturday, February 25, visitors can come out and enjoy the following:
- Complimentary blood pressure screenings provided by Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Dietitian presentations, informational materials and free heart-healthy snacks also from Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Free Zumba classes at Noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. led by certified Zumba Instructor Donna Labra
- Free heart-healthy fish ceviche sample appetizer with purchase at Karina’s Mexican Seafood or a free Winter Beet Salad sample appetizer with purchase at Savoie
- Display of “Go Red For Women” clothing and accessories in the Macy’s located inside Otay Ranch Town Center — Macy’s is a national sponsor of this program to help reduce heart disease, the number one killer of women
- Story times at 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. presented by the Chula Vista Branch Library located in the mall’s center court featuring a number of heart-themed and healthy living titles
- Prize wheel during story times sponsored by Macy’s
“As a true town center, we are always looking for ways to bring vital services and programs to our neighborhood,” said Janet Henderson, general manager of Otay Ranch Town Center. “Events like ‘Love Your Heart’ are a wonderful opportunity to offer value-added amenities to our guests while they complete their shopping and other errands,” she added.
About Otay Ranch Town Center:
With nearly 100 of the country’s top specialty stores, Otay Ranch Town Center is one of San Diego’s most exciting outdoor shopping and entertainment destinations. Eclectic tastes are served by Macy’s, Barnes & Noble, Apple, DSW, Francesca’s, H&M and Sephora, to name just a few. On the center’s east side is a specialty fashion and service village featuring Best Buy, Gila Rut Salon, San Diego Gymnastics and other unique fashions and services. To the north, AMC Theatres’ 12 screens delights film buffs while diners can choose from P. F. Chang’s China Bistro, Savoie Eatery, Karina’s Mexican Seafood, The Cheesecake Factory, Romano’s Macaroni Grill, Sushi-Ya, California Pizza Kitchen or many on-the-go dining options. This urbane, bustling, open-air center features a wide variety of amenities including outdoor cafes, grand fountains, a pet-friendly setting and adjacent dog park, branch of the Chula Vista Library, food pavilion, party space, a fireplace and a “chalk garden” and popper fountain for children.
Otay Ranch Town Center is conveniently located 4 ½ miles east of the I-805 or just off the South Bay Expressway SR-125 in Chula Vista at Eastlake Parkway and Olympic Parkway. Otay Ranch Town Center is open Monday – Saturday from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM and Sunday from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
For more information about Otay Ranch Town Center, call (619) 656-9100 or visit www.otayranchtowncenter.com .
Otay Ranch Town Center is owned and managed by General Growth Properties, Inc. is an S&P 500 company focused exclusively on owning, managing, leasing and redeveloping high-quality retail properties throughout the United States. GGP is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol GGP.