Seaport Village To Host A Bayfront Cinco De Mayo Celebration On Saturday, May 6th
Seaport Village, downtown San Diego’s iconic shopping and dining complex on the bay, is set to host a Cinco de Mayo celebration on Saturday, May 6th.
Presented in partnership with Canal 12 Televisa, the free family-friendly event will play host to the gamut of live entertainment, captivating performances, and an all-around Mexican fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Highlights at Seaport Village
Activities and programming will centralize in Seaport’s Lighthouse District, with highlights including:
- Rancho La Laguna will lead this year’s entertainment line-up with a spectacular equestrian showcase. Attendees will experience the centuries-old sport of charrería, as charros—or cowboys—demonstrate their rodeo talents with choreographed stunts, roping techniques and more!
- A multi-act show filled with music, dance, and crowd-work by Luis Daniel, who’s come to be known as the best Juan Gabriel impersonator in all of Baja-California.
- Live music from award-winning mariachi group, Mariachi Estrellas de Chula Vista, and a cappella-style concert from Baja-based vocal group, Radical Ensamble.
- Bringing his unmatched energy and infectious beats, DJ Nando—one of San Diego’s top Hispanic DJs—promises a party-starting performance. He’ll be spinning his upbeat setlist in “cabezones” (or big heads) of famous icons like Bad Bunny, among other surprises.
- Delicious antojitos & bebidas from Seaport Village’s on-site eateries, like Margarita’s Kitchen & Cantina, Marion’s Fish Market, San Pasqual Tasting Room, and Mike Hess & Quiero Tacos.
- More musical acts throughout the day include Adriana Hernandez, a rising cross-border talent who’ll be presenting a dance-worthy Latin medley, including a few top hits from the legendary “Queen of Tejano” Selena; Olympic boxer-turned-musician Fercho; Elena Castañeda, the incredible vocalist specializing in the interpretation of mariachi songs, ranchera, and romantic ballads; and the always-entertaining Chicano-Mexican band, Rick and Friends.
- Beautiful performances throughout the day by local dance troupes Folklórico Ti-Pai and Ballet Wa-Kushmaa.
Why celebrate at Seaport Village
A celebration of community and Mexican heritage, the Cinco de Mayo event represents an ongoing synergy between Seaport and Televisa’s XEWT-Channel 12, which saw the Tijuana-based television station open a first-of-its-kind outpost within Seaport Village back in April 2021.
The operational broadcast studio has allowed for XEWT-Channel 12 to expand upon its cross-border programming, while the cultural partnership has afforded Seaport Village opportunities to connect with San Diego’s Latinx audience and beyond.
With support from the Port of San Diego, these types of dynamic activations and placemaking efforts have energized Seaport Village as a cultural and commercial hub in recent years, resulting in a consistent roll-out of exciting new tenants and leasing activity from the likes of Mike Hess Brewing, Malibu Farm and more.
Keep up to date with Seaport Village through their website here and their social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
See you there, San Diego!