North Park Main Street Presents Shop Local Saturday
North Park Main Street presents Shop Local Saturday in the North Park community on November 25, honoring the annual Small Business Saturday with a 5k turkey trot, art exhibition, live music, complimentary food samples, and sales from area businesses.
An opening ceremony will be held at 11AM at Mila Vintage + Modern (2879 University Avenue), and it is scheduled to include remarks from San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria and NPMS Executive Director Mark West.
The 5K Turkey Trot starts at 10AM at Coach B SD (2937 Lincoln Ave). Runners should arrive at 9:30AM to register, and all participants will receive post-race donuts, as well as beer for those 21 and up.
619 Spirits at 3015 Lincoln Avenue will host artisan pop-up shops and live music throughout the day, while Visual Art+Supply at 3776 30th Street will host an art exhibit. Live music will also be featured at aka: Custom Printing (3919 Illinois Street), Overload (3827 30th Street), Pigment (3801 30th Street), Pinky’s Cafe (2864 University Avenue) and Working Class (4095 30th Street).
Complimentary food will be given out at Subterranean Coffee (cheesecake brownie bites while supplies last; 3764 30th Street) and Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream (ice cream from 12PM–2PM; 3077 University Avenue).
Shop Local Saturday deals from North Park businesses include:
- Bivouac Ciderworks (3986 30th Street) – Buy one 4-pack of cider, get one 50% off
- Coach B SD – Personal training packages: 3 sessions for $120, 5 sessions for $275, 10 sessions for $500
- Holy Matcha (3118 University Avenue) – Specials on matcha drinks, pastries, and merch
- Home + Hound (3768 30th Street) – 15% off entire purchase November 24-27 (offer valid in-store and online – use code SHOPSMALL15 at checkout)
- Meet Cute Romance Bookshop (4048 30th Street) – Spend $50 or more and get a free “advanced reader copy” (ARC) of a book from the ARC table
- North Park Optometry (3068 University Avenue) – $25 off glasses
- Pigment – Spend $75.00 in-store and receive a $20 gift card
- Rufskin (3944 30th Street) – 20% off the entire store
Parking is available at the North Park Garage (350 spaces) at 3829 29th Street. North Park is also accessible by MTS bus lines 2, 6, 7, and 10.
Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday takes place annually on the Saturday following the Thanksgiving holiday. First observed in 2010, Small Business Saturday has become an important day to show appreciation for the small business that are the backbone of the nation’s economy, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
More info on Shop Local Saturday can be found here.
See you there, San Diego!