Watch What These World Masters Do With 300 Tons Of Sand
We just love a good sand castle competition. Something about it throws us back to our childhood days of simple pleasures… mixed with the hope and ambition that one day our homes will look just like our sandy creation 🙂
How about watching world masters in said sand arts compete in a head-to-head weekend-long competition!?
Dig it? Then come to the Broadway Pier on Friday, September 1st through Monday, September 4th, to get 4 days worth of a massive sand party under the sun!
The competition comes complete with a full-blown dimensional art exposition, entertainment for the whole family, live music, food trucks galore, VIP lounge with drinks… the goodness just doesn’t end!
Master sand sculptors from all over the U.S., Ireland, South Korea, Canada, Netherlands and Russia are coming out to challenge each other and earn their share of more than $60,000 in prizes and appearance money.
The newest competitors are from nearly opposite sides of the planet: Jihoon Choi from South Korea and Abram Waterman from Prince Edward Island, Canada.
To qualify for the event, Master Sculptors must have won awards at major international competitions within the past 5 years.
Friday and Saturday are great days to see them work and watch their incredible sculptures come to life. In addition to the World Masters, there’s a Team Competition with members from all over the state and elsewhere in the U.S. The three-person groups select a concept together and build their sculptures in a format that allows them to create elaborate multi-piece vignettes.
The Team Competition ends on Sunday right before the awards ceremony.
Tickets will be available at the gates but quicker and easier access is available for those interested in purchasing tickets online. All digital tickets and special offers provide savings over day-of purchases.
Funds raised support charitable partners Arts for Learning, San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts, It’s All about the Kids Foundation and the nearby Maritime Museum kids’ educational programs.
- Suspicious Minds (Elvis Tribute)
- Private Domain (Classic Rock)
- The Surf Birdz (Beach Boys/Surf Music)
- Journeymen (A Tribute to Journey)
- Raney / Evans /Raney and Butler (Classic Rock and Blues)
- Piano Rock w/ Doug Allen
- Music of the 50s and 60s with The Mar Del Boys
- Born In Brooklyn – Knish Sandwiches, Sausages & Heros
- Chips Beach Eatz – Tacos, Kahlua Pork, Ceviche & Fries
- Cousins Maine Lobster, Maine Lobster, Shrimp Tacos & Tots
- God Save The Cuisine – Fish & Chips, Burgers & Chicken
- Matheny’s Wagon Works – Grilled Sausage Sandwiches
- Simply Fresh – Appetizers, Sandwiches & Wraps
- Super Q – Bbq Pork, Chicken & Texas Brisket Sandwiches W/ Mac & Cheese
- Sushi Uno – San Diego’s Only Fresh Fusion Sushi Food Truck
- New Orleans Food Trucks – Cajun Delights
- Mangia Mangia – Italian Cuisine
- Gelato Paradiso
- Kettle Masters Kettle Corn
- Kuhi Kuhi Shave Ice
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian Smoothies