Summer Sunset Live Music Series Returns To InterContinental San Diego
Celebrate summer with the sounds of local music during InterContinental San Diego’s 2023 Summer Sunset Live Music Series beginning Saturday, May 27, from 4PM to 7PM, hosted at Layover, the hotel’s aviation themed rooftop bar and lounge.
Live Music. Stunning Views. Signature Cocktails.
Every Saturday through September 2, Layover will welcome a talented selection of local artists who will provide the soundtrack for your summer performing on the rooftop lounge, where patrons can enjoy the live music for free and unparalleled sunset views over the San Diego Bay along with Layover’s signature cocktails including the Paper Plane Slushy made with Bulleit Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, Dry Vermouth, & Lemon and the Day Blazer made with Don Julio Blanco, Red Bull Tropical, Lime, & Tajin.
Plus, each performance will highlight a corresponding beverage partner to activate exciting giveaways and prizes. Participating brands include Ketel One, Maker’s Wines, Cutwater, Dogfishhead Brewery, Second Chance Brewery, and more. Guests can expect to see additional brand enhancements from drink partners, including tasting tables, additional swag, visits from brand ambassadors and more.
The Summer Sunset Live Music Series Lineup
The series will kick off with the funky soul jams of none other than award-winning singer/songwriter, Jonny Tarr. You won’t want to miss his electrifying performance on July 8. Did you know he’s a graduate of Paul McCartney’s Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts? He’s even shared the stage with legends like Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and the multi-Grammy award-winning BeBe Winans. Tarr has toured the world, captivating audiences across Europe, the US, and Japan, and he’s graced the stages of nearly every major festival in the UK. Get ready to groove!
But that’s not all! A fantastic lineup of performances and talented musicians are in store for you throughout the series. Check out these exciting dates and artists:
- June 10 | Beverage Partner: White Claw | Get ready for the mesmerizing sounds of Bruno Serrano Trio, accompanied by the incredible percussionist, Monette Marino. Their Lofi beats will transport you to a world of soulful music.
- June 24 | Beverage Partner: Kettle One | NBC’s The Voice alumni, Johnny Martin, will be gracing us with his soulful tunes and classic hits. You won’t want to miss this enchanting performance. Also, mark your calendars for July 22 with Beverage Partner Tanqueray and August 19 with Beverage Partner Volcan Tequila.
- July 1 | Beverage Partner: Don Julio | Prepare to be mesmerized by the soulful sounds of Helena Holleran, a true songbird who draws influences from R&B, Soul, Jazz, Latin, Afrobeat, and Reggae. Her irresistible melodies will get you grooving. Catch her again on August 5 with Beverage Partner, Volcan Tequila.
- July 2 | Beverage Partner: Kettle One | Join us as we experience the unique blend of reggae, jazz chords, and R&B beats by the incredibly talented Kat Hall. Her soulful vocals and powerful messages of unity and empowerment will leave you inspired.
- July 4 | Beverage Partner: Aviation Gin | Get ready to be transported to the tropical islands with Ben Benavente‘s Hawaiian/Island style music. He’ll serenade us with his beautiful ukulele playing and soothing reggae vibes, accompanied by live piano and bass guitar.
- July 29 | Beverage Partner: Cutwater Spirits | Prepare for a blast from the past with the dynamic retro lounge act, TikTtronic. They’re reinventing the classics from the ’70s and ’80s, bringing nostalgia and good vibes to the stage.
- August 26 | Beverage Partner: Karls Strauss Brewing | Get ready to dance the night away with a live DJ spinning all the hits from the ’80s. It’s the perfect way to close out the Summer Concert Series in style.
See you there
Make sure to mark these dates on your calendar and get ready to experience an unforgettable summer of music and entertainment at Intercontinental San Diego’s Summer Sunset Live Music Series.
See you there, San Diego!