Cesarina Debuts Its Cocktail Program And Winter Wonderland Décor
With a shiny new full liquor license in-hand, Cesarina just debuted a spectacular cocktail program centered around reimagined Italian classics, just in time for the holidays! Plus, the Bib Gourmand-winning trattoria is celebrating the season with their annual décor overhaul and one-night-only dining experiences.
Cesarina has expanded their beverage offerings to include eight craft libations. The newfound cocktail program draws on familiar Italian favorites, reimagined with fresh ingredients, elevated flavors, and cross-cultural influences.
Among the lineup of inspired elixirs, Il Matrimonio is a sophisticated aperitif, aptly named for its marriage of Mexican and Italian spirits, while Splendido Splendente is a subtly sweet refresher playing-up fruity and herbaceous notes.
For agave aficionados, Margherita Calabrese is Cesarina’s take on a spicy marg, starring Calabrian Chile-infused tequila. Traditionalists can always opt for Cesarina’s BYO Negroni, customizing this classic with choice of spirit, vermouth, and aperitif.
La Resistenza | Mezcal, Ginger-Infused Averna, Honey Maletti Blend, Lemon
Sara’ Perche’ Ti Amo | Rye Whiskey, Aperol, Montenegro, Strega, Strawberries, Lemons
Il Matrimonio | Reposado, Strega, Ancho Reyes, Averna, Aztec Chocolate Bitters
Il Commendatore | Mezcal, Montenegro, Velvet Falernum, Yellow Chartreuse, Peychaud Bitters
Cesarina has once again undergone a top-to-bottom winter wonderland makeover!
Building upon previous years’ décor, Cesarina has provisioned even more wintry adornments and cozy accents to exceed expectations. A surplus of snug seating, fleece blankets, faux furs, cascading garland, and oversized ornaments will transport guests to a ski chalet in the Italian Alps.
With cooler evenings ahead, Cesarina’s two custom chiminea fireplaces and knitted lap warmers will keep diners pleasantly toasty as they enjoy handmade pasta, seasonal entrées and, of course, tiramisu.
Christmas Eve diners can expect à la carte specials inspired by regional Yuletide dishes of Italy. Then, for New Year’s Eve, Cesarina will ring in 2022 with a five-course prix fixe menu:
New Year’s Eve Menu:
- Millefoglie di Bresaola | Homemade Bresaola (Italian cured meat with red wine) “carpaccio,” stracciatella cheese, Parmigiano reggiano, arugula, balsamic and roasted walnuts.
- Cappellacci allo Vitella e Zafferano |Handmade agnolotti stuffed with veal. Creamy Parmigiano-Saffron sauce, Prosciutto crumble, and crispy leeks.
- Risotto Gamberi, Fiori di Zucca & Bottarga | Carnaroli rice, zucchini purée. Topped with one whole prawn, burrata and grated Bottarga di muggine.
- Cotechino & Lenticchie |Italian cotechino, braised lentils with root vegetables, crispy polenta, and confit tomatoes.
- Dolce Rocher | Hazelnut mousse, chocolate fudge core, and rocher glaze.
View this post on Instagram
New Year’s Eve Menu (Vegan):
- Cannoncini Vegani | Beet rolls stuffed with homemade vegan garlic/basil ricotta, crispy focaccia crumble, and arugula.
- Tortelli di Zucca |Handmade butternut squash tortelli, creamy garlic sauce, pink peppercorn and crispy Kabocha squash.
- Risotto alla Puttanesca |Carnaroli rice, San Marzano tomato sauce, Castelvetrano olives, fried capers, fresh basil, and roasted tomatoes.
- Funghi & Lenticchie | Balsamic glazed oyster mushroom, braised lentils with root vegetables, crispy polenta, and confit tomatoes.
- Torta Ricotta, Pere & Cioccolato |No-bake vegan ricotta and chocolate cheesecake topped with pears gelée.
Click here to make reservations before they are gone!
See you there, San Diego!