Civico 1845’s Spring Menu Reflects Traditional Offerings Of Southern Italy
Fresh offerings are now available at Little Italy’s beloved Civico 1845 with the launch of a new spring menu that features roughly 80% new or revamped dishes across both its traditional and vegan menus. According to Co-owner and Executive Chef Pietro Gallo, Civico 1845’s new menu showcases the traditional offerings diners across Southern Italy enjoy today.
“We are always innovating and looking for new ways to uplift our philosophy of clean, flavor-forward cuisine,” said Gallo. “Our spring menu offers a wide variety of new flavor profiles and sauces that emphasize the freshness of the produce and ingredients we use, without the over-reliance on heavy cream or butter to weigh things down.”
The 2023 Civico 1845 Spring Menu
New traditional items include:
- Polipo e Calamari, a refreshing southern Italian seafood salad appetizer of octopus, calamari, olives, cherry tomato confit and potatoes.
- Ragu Calabrese, a recreation of a beloved Gallo family recipe featuring fresh garganelli pasta and slow-cooked short rib ragu, topped with braised pork short ribs, homemade Calabrian sausage and pecorino cheese.
- Raviolo ai Gamberi, homemade ravioli stuffed with prawns and ricotta cheese topped with a thyme butter sauce.
- Polipo, an entrée portion of seared octopus tentacles served with potatoes velouté, rapini sauce and crispy nduja chips.
New dessert items include:
- Traditional panna cotta topped with a mixed berry coulis
- Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts
New vegan dishes include:
- Chips di Pasta, a whimsical play on San Diego’s love of chips and salsa featuring deep fried rigatoni pasta served with lime-infused vegan mayonnaise for dipping.
- Bruschetta Ricotta with almond ricotta cheese, figs, caramelized walnuts and basil.
- Ragu di Funghi, fresh fettuccine pasta in a savory wild mushroom ragu with walnuts and vegan parmigano.
- Pasta e Rapini, orecchiette pasta in a flavorful rapini sauce topped with broccolini, Calabrian chili and vegan parmigano.
See you there
Civico 1845 spring menu are now available.
Civico 1845 is one of only four restaurants in San Diego to be ranked by Gambero Rosso International – the definitive resource on the most authentic Italian restaurants around the world – and has received a “2 Forchette” rating every year since 2016.
Visit here for more information.
See you there, San Diego!