San Diego Tet Festival Now On Its 18th Year Celebrating The Lunar New Year
The 18th annual San Diego Tet Festival is one of the largest FREE community festivals in San Diego, celebrating the Lunar New Year! It is held at Mira Mesa Community Park and is a large 3-day celebration commemorating the beginning of spring and a fresh start to the New Year.
San Diego Tet Festival 2023 will be celebrating the Year of the Cat. Attracting more than 25,000 people every year from all over the city, the 3-day celebration features free admission, several new attractions, activities, Step-Up Dance and Golden Voice, and a whole lot more.
The 18th annual San Diego Tet Festival featured attractions:
- Night Market
- Our Signature Miss Vietnam San Diego Pageant (Saturday Evening)
- Lion Dancing all 3 Days
- Grand Opening Ceremony with Lion Dancing, Firecrackers, Music, Red Envelopes, & more!
- History of Lunar New Year & Vietnamese traditions
- Cultural Village with Beautiful Historical Structures (Great for taking “Instagram” pictures!)
- Live Entertainment, including A-list singers/artists as well as local artists in San Diego
- Beer Garden with San Diego’s Top Craft Beers
- Full Carnival Rides
- Friday Youth Night
- Golden Voice and Dance Contest for cash prizes
- Game Booth with Prizes
- DELICIOUS Food vendors with a variety of foods from cultures all around the world!
- Children’s Games and Activities
- Vietnamese Kid’s Pageant Spotlight
- ” Lucky Red Envelope” – Traditional Money Giving for Luck during the Opening Ceremony with city councils, officials, and even the city mayor! That’s right, we invite the San Diego Mayor!
See you there, San Diego!