TEDxSanDiego Seeds of Change Event And New Chief Curator
TEDxSanDiego, one of the most prestigious and long-running TEDx events in the country, is excited to announce Audrey Jacobs as the new Chief Connector and Curator for 2023.
An active leader in San Diego for more than 30 years who has served on many non-profit boards and community groups, Jacobs is a passionate connector as featured in her TEDx talk, “How to be a Matchmaker in Work, Life, and Love”.
Meet new Chief Curator Audrey Jacobs
An active leader in San Diego since the late ‘80’s, Jacobs has spent her career working in affordable housing, startup investing, and now as a Financial Advisor with Bernstein Private Wealth.
A L.E.A.D. alumnae, she has served on several respected San Diego nonprofit boards such as Second Chance, Fern Street Circus, and StandWithUs.
In her new volunteer role as the Chief Connector and Curator of TEDxSanDiego, Jacobs is focused on highlighting local change agents in San Diego County.
TEDxSanDiego fulfills her personal mission statement she wrote at age 17: “To be a catalyst for positive change by educating and inspiring individuals and communities”.
“Our goal with TEDxSanDiego is to represent San Diego’s full diversity, while we activate individuals to expand horizons, change perceptions, inspire action, and foster new connections. We want every San Diegan to feel like they see themselves and their communities reflected on stage. ‘Seeds of Change’ embodies the concept that ‘ideas worth spreading’ are seeds which can only be activated to grow by sharing them with the community and the world.”.
Originally founded by Jack Abbott in 2010, Jacobs is honored to build on his legacy of this premier platform to feature visionaries enacting positive change locally and globally as she unveils the – theme for the 2023 season, “Seeds of Change”.
“TEDxSanDiego talks have been viewed over 7 million times and that’s a reflection of the amazing work and talent in San Diego,” said Audrey Jacobs, Chief Connector and Curator of TEDxSanDiego.
TEDxSanDiego | Seeds of Change
TEDxSanDiego | Seeds of Change is a half-day event that will feature four live performances and ten talks from catalysts for change representing these communities and issues: immigration, poverty, education, wellness, military, sustainability, education, life science, sports, innovation, and life cycles.
Seeds of Change List of Speakers
- For immigration: Madhushree Ghosh, author of Khabaar: An Immigrant Journey of Food, Memory, and Family
- For poverty: Teresa Smith, CEO of Dreams for Change
- For education: KishaLynn Elliott, VP of Operations of the Monarch School Project (K-12 school for unhoused youth)
- For healthcare: Timothy McDonald MD JD, Chief Patient Safety and Risk Officer of RLDatix
- For military: Hernán Luis y Prado, Founder and CEO of Workshops for Warriors
- For sustainability: Philippe Lazaro, Storyteller with Plant With Purpose
- For Life Science: Saundra Pelletier, CEO of Evofem Biosciences
- For sports: Shelby Stanger, Author of Will to Wild: Adventures Great and Small to Change Your Life and Host/Creator of REI Co-Op Studio’s Wild Ideas Worth Living Podcast
- For innovation: Paula Sylvia, Program Director Aquaculture and Blue Technology at the Port of San Diego
- For Diversity & Inclusion: Jesse Leon, President and CEO of Alliance Way
- For work: Patricia Salas, President and CEO of SBHIS Insurance Services
- For family: Stuart Weintraub, Founder and CEO of Center for Child-Safe Divorce
- For relationships: Roderick Jeter, inventor
- For Acts of Kindness: Walter Green, founder of “Say it Now”
See you there
TEDxSanDiego | Seeds of Change half-day event will take place on Sunday, June 11 at the Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center in La Jolla.
For more information on TEDxSanDiego and how to nominate a speaker or apply to present please visit here.
See you there, San Diego!