Juniper & Ivy Launches ‘Family Meal’ Omakase-Style Tasting MenuEat + Drink Simply leave it up to the chef to send you his favorite dishes and enjoy!
One of our favorite restaurants, Juniper & Ivy has launched its new ‘Family Meal’ offering and we love the concept!
Put simply, it’s a way for guests to “leave it up to the Chef” for the evening and trust the kitchen to serve amazing dishes that they personally love and are inspired to create.
Inspired by omakase-style dining (a Japanese term loosely translated as “I’ll leave it up to you”).
Family Meal is intended to showcase Executive Chef Anthony Wells and Chef de Cuisine Masa Kojima’s creativity through a family-style tasting menu of four to six courses served in a larger than typical format at the Little Italy restaurant.
The meal will be offered Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights for parties of six or more. No special or advance reservations are required, all that’s needed is a curious palate and an open mind.
On a recent test run, sample dishes included:
- Ribeye Crudo with truffle soy, pickled shiitake and wasabina
- Sea Urchin with sunchoke pudding and aged ham vinaigrette
- Big Eye Tuna with sushi rice, sesame leaf and wasabi aioli
- Citrus and Burrata Salad with puffed grains, chicory and frozen yogurt
- Lamb Belly with rigatoni, parmesan and poached egg
- Roasted Chicken with chicken sausage, truffled risotto, foie gras gravy, Brussels sprouts and trumpet mushrooms
- Strawberry Pie with coconut and thyme ice cream
Count us in! Grab your crew and head to Juniper & Ivy to try the new Family Meal experience!
See you there!