Kids Explore Free At Over 40 San Diego Museums This October!
A bunch of our great San Diego museums want to make sure there is no better time to be a kid in San Diego than in the month of October! Kinds 12 and under get to explore any of the San Diego Museum Council (SDMC) museums for free this month!
An Opportunity And Adventure For Thousands Of Families
Organized by the San Diego Museum Council (SDMC), Kids Free in October is an opportunity for thousands of families to enjoy new museum experiences each year. Going into its eighth year, this annual program sponsored by Scholarshare 529 provides free admission for kids 12 and under at more than 40 art, cultural, and science museums and historical sites in San Diego County.
Nearly 20,000 kids participated in the program in 2017 with free access to the many diverse museums throughout San Diego County such as the Maritime Museum of San Diego in San Diego’s harbor, Museum of Music in Carlsbad, the Fleet Science Center in the heart of Balboa Park, and many more.
1. Barona Cultural Center & Museum
2. Birch Aquarium at Scripps
3. Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
4. California Center for the Arts Museum
5. California Surf Museum
6. Coronado Museum of History & Art
7. Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
8. Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
9. Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
10. Heritage of the Americas Museum
11. Japanese Friendship Garden
12. La Jolla Historical Society
13. Living Coast Discovery Center
14. Lux Art Institute
15. Maritime Museum of San Diego
16. Marston House Museum & Gardens
17. Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
18. Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
19. Museum of Making Music
20. Museum of Photographic Arts
21. New Americans Museum
22. Oceanside Museum of Art
23. San Diego Air & Space Museum
24. San Diego Archaeological Center
25. San Diego Art Institute
26. San Diego Automotive Museum
27. San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
28. San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
29. San Diego History Center
30. San Diego Model Railroad Museum
31. San Diego Natural History Museum (the NAT)
32. Serra Museum
33. The New Children’s Museum
34. The San Diego Museum of Art
35. The Water Conservation Garden
36. Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
37. Timken Museum of Art
38. USS Midway Museum
39. Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
40. Visions Art Museum
41. Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
How To Participate
This program can bring savings of up to $30 for a family of four. Free admission is available for up to two kids for every adult ticket purchase. To participate, download the Kids Free in October coupon at sandiegomuseumcouncil.org. Simply present the coupon at the participating museum’s admissions desk.
Share #KidsFreeSD On Social Media
Take advantage of this opportunity to create some new adventures and memories with the kids!
See you there!