Winter Wonderland At The Grand Returns To Fairmont Grand Del MarSee + Do For the first time, Winter Wonderland at The Grand will feature an outdoor ice skating rink with over 5,000 square feet of ice!
‘Tis the season for celebrations at Fairmont Grand Del Mar with the announcement of the second annual Winter Wonderland at The Grand. Local families and resort guests alike are invited to take a whimsical ride on a Ferris wheel or carousel, snap a selfie with Santa around a festive 25-foot tree, and snack on s’mores by the fire.
For the first time, Winter Wonderland at The Grand will feature an outdoor ice skating rink with over 5,000 square feet of ice featuring open skating as well as special ice shows on select dates.
Festivities kick off Saturday, November 30 and run through Wednesday, January 1, 2020, with weekday hours 3:00-8:00 pm and Friday-Sunday hours 1:00-9:00 pm.
Enjoy the grandest holiday season yet with winter magic and select nights of added festive fun, including: Sundays with Santa, ice performances and Princess skating and live music on Friday nights.
Saturday, November 30 – Wednesday, January 1
Monday-Thursday 3:00-8:00 pm, Friday-Sunday 1:00-9:00 pm
Open to the public. Parking: $20 per car, cash only. Skating: $30-35.
- Ice Skating
- Carousel and Ferris wheel rides
- S’mores roasting around campfires
- Sundays with Santa (3:00-7:00 pm through December 22)
- Ice skating performances + skating with princesses (1:00 pm Fridays-Sundays)
- Private fire pit rentals available
- Holiday character appearances including Ice Princesses, Buddy the Elf and The Grinch
- Moët & Chandon champagne garden and festive refreshments
- The Grand 25-foot Christmas Tree
- Live music on Friday nights
- Holiday shopping
- Christmas carolers on select dates
- Festive food and libations including wood-fire pizzas, chili, chicken pot pie as well as treats such as hot dogs, cotton candy and popcorn
Enjoy the magic of the season longer by booking the Winter Wonderland package that includes luxury guestroom or suite accommodations, 2 ice skating rink tickets per day, 1 s’mores kit and complimentary valet. Plus, all children 5 years and under eat free at Amaya. Rates begin at $359 per night.
- Luxury guestroom or suite accommodations
- 2 ice skating rink tickets per stay
- 1 s’mores kit for fireside roasting per stay
- Complimentary valet parking
- Children 5 years of age and under eat free at Amaya
Holiday Dining & Festivities
The holidays come but once a year, savor every moment this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with exquisite seasonal cuisine at our award-winning restaurants.
December 22-23, two seatings available each day: 10:45 am and 1:45 pm
Bring your little sugarplums for an unforgettable abridged performance of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker,” performed by the Scripps Performing Arts Youth Academy. Pair every plié with a bite of scrumptious tea sandwiches and delicate French pastries. $72 per adult, $45 per child (ages 4 – 12). Reservations: 858.314.1996
Tuesday, December 24, 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Celebrate with a symphony of holiday-inspired flavors over eight unforgettable courses at San Diego’s first and only MICHELIN-starred restaurant. $275 per person. Reservations: 858.314.1900
Tuesday, December 24, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Gather family and friends around our Christmas Eve table for either a three- or five-course tasting menu, featuring classic favorite holiday flavors.
Prices starting at $115 per adult, $55 per child. Reservations: 858.314.1996
Wednesday, December 25, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Savor every moment Christmas Day with exquisite seasonal cuisine at an incredible brunch affair. The halls are decked, the tables set and the fireplaces aglow, beckoning the true gift of the holidays — gathering with family and friends. The lavish buffet will feature live music.
$129 per adult | $55 per child (ages 4 – 12). Reserve online here.
All events are open to the public. Guests are encouraged to dress accordingly for the outdoor activities.
See you there!