Wolfie’s Carousel Taps New Executive Chef Rez Guzman
Known for their acumen for transporting guests through immersive creative experiences, Mauricio Couturier and Abe Aguilar, the Mexican-American designers behind Little Italy’s homage to Parisian joie de vivre, Wolfie’s Carousel Bar, have tapped Rez Guzman as the restaurant and bar’s new Executive Chef.
Timeless French classics will continue to be served alongside the revolving centerpiece, with bright and bold additions and a new weekend brunch service on the horizon in mid-April.
We are already in love with Wolfie’s, so we can’t wait to see what Chef Rez brings to the experience!
About Chef Rez
Raised in the Philippines and informed by a culture where sharing a meal is often considered a central aspect of home life and family, Chef Rez brings with him a reverence for the foundation of the culinary arts. Previously at Amaya at The Fairmont Grand Del Mar and most recently at Michelin-recognized Little Frenchie, Chef Rez’s training is rooted in French cooking techniques, which are both delicate and yielding to bold, rich flavors of fresh herbs, butter and sauces.
New dinner menu highlights include:
- Escargots Gratinés de Luxe: snails braised in red wine and butter in a gratin of Comté cheese
- Poisson à la Provençale en Papillote: striped bass from Ensenada served in parchment with a Provençal tomato-fennel jam
- Caviar Grilled Cheese made with Paddlefish caviar, emmentaler cheese and stacked on fresh brioche bread
And as they say, “let them eat cake,” or, “do as the French do.” Either way, guests can start or end the meal with Chef Rez’s Plateau de Desserts, a platter of sweet treats complete with a dark chocolate ganache tart, beignets, and a sundae royale with a house-spun cotton candy add-on, all served with a glass of chilled champagne.
Classic libations with a twist
There are several new libations from the bar as well — many which lean towards the classics but with a few modern twists:
- Belle Fille (vodka / Lillet / cucumber / Prosecco)
- Lé Bardot (gin / apricot / strawberry / egg white)
- Oaxaca Affair ( mezcal / gin / Cocchi Americano / pear / orange)
It’s all so very escapist and fun – just what we’ve learned to love and expect from Wolfie’s!
See you there, San Diego!