Support The Causes You Care About At The 2nd Annual San Diego Gives
The Annual San Diego Gives, a fundraising program for local San Diego-based nonprofits, takes place Thursday, Sept. 8, with a countywide day-of-giving.
This year, 327 organizations have signed on to participate in the fundraising campaign, 30 percent above organizers’ goal of 250 nonprofits. Only in its second year, the campaign more than doubled nonprofit participants; 120 organizations participated in the program’s inaugural year.
The six-month program kicked off in March, with fundraising support and education for participating nonprofits and launched to the community on July 16. The mid-summer kick off coincided with San Diego’s birthday, the day San Diego was established as a city (July 16, 1769). Countywide birthday parties launched early giving, and funds raised went into the “Love Them All” fund, evenly distributed to all participating San Diego nonprofits.
San Diegans began giving from July 16 through the end of September 8 to their favorite charities, which can be filtered by categories, including Animals, Education, Environment, Military and Humanitarian Aid, and more. There is also an interactive map here where San Diegans can give by neighborhood.
2nd Annual San Diego Gives BIG goals
- Raise at least $2 million for participating nonprofits.
- Engage a minimum of 4,000 donors, with at least 40% of these new givers.
- Expand the campaign to include at least 250 organizations- already exceeded by 30% with 327 nonprofits involved.
- At least 75% of donors will report that the campaign positively affected their giving.
- At least 75% of participating nonprofits will report increased learning in areas of fundraising and marketing by the end of the campaign.
- Inform about local needs and nonprofit responses through at least 50 stories of impact on the San Diego Gives website and/or on social media platforms.
- Provide 25+ unique nonprofit and donor learning opportunities through San Diego Gives University.
San Diego Gives thoroughly vetted every nonprofit to make sure they:
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving the greater San Diego area, responding to the needs of the community with a local-first approach, and making a tangible impact.
- Represent a variety of populations and causes served by programs and services, including but not limited to age, race, zip code, and diverse communities.
- Commit to keeping all funds raised in the greater San Diego area and have a proven track record of fiscal responsibility.
Support the movement
Donors can choose to give to one or more nonprofits through the San Diego Gives platform. It is straightforward to learn about new organizations and their work. There are a diverse range of causes, from the arts, animal welfare, environmentalism, education, health, human services, equity, and social justice.
To learn more about the 2nd Annual San Diego Gives, visit here.
The mission of San Diego Gives is to create a special day of giving across San Diego County to build a community resource for local nonprofit organizations and connect people to the causes they care about most.
See you there, San Diego!