Funko, Inc. To Host Annual Mask-O-Raid Event To Benefit Comic-Con Museum
Funko, Inc., a leading pop culture and lifestyle brand, and Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park have teamed up for the third time to celebrate “Mask-O-Raid 2023.”
Hosted by Funko founder Mike Becker, the festive Halloween party will take place on two nights this year, Friday, October 27, and Saturday, October 28, at Comic-Con Museum, with proceeds benefiting Comic-Con Museum and its Education Center.
“There is no better way to celebrate my favorite holiday than by hosting a party at Comic-Con Museum to give back to my local community,” said Becker. “We hope that by offering the event on two nights this year that there will be more opportunity for even more fans to attend and participate in all things Funko.”
“I’ll be hanging out with attendees, displaying some cool Funko mascot heads, Halloween costumes, and masks from my collection, and giving two lively talks about my love for Halloween and how it has inspired Funko in many ways.”
The Mask-O-Raid event will feature:
- Display of Funko mascot heads
- A world-class exhibit of 1970s vintage Halloween costumes and masks (personal collection of Funmaker Mike)
- Meet-and-greet, photo op, and signing with Funko founder and Funmaker Mike Becker
- Frightmaker Mike presents: “The Mystery Behind the Mask” presentation (two shows each night)
- Each attendee receives a token for a “Mystery Pop Giveaway”!
- Raffle for Funko prototypes
- Costume contest with special prizes: Funniest, Scariest, and Most Original
- Museum gift shop (for sale): Halloween-themed items signed by Funmaker Mike, original art, and exclusive museum merchandise
- Complimentary party favors: exclusive Mask-O-Raid swag, a Comic-Con Museum Halloween pin, and two-for-one museum tickets for 2024
- Spooky jams by DJ Chino
- Heavy appetizers, beer, wine, and soft drinks. One drink ticket is included with the event ticket, and additional drinks are available for purchase.
Expanded to two days due to demand
“Last year’s sold-out Mask-O-Raid with Funmaker Mike was a tremendous success. We’re looking forward to bringing this event back and expanding to two nights so that even more fans can participate in the fun,” said Comic-Con Museum Executive Director Rita Vandergaw.
“It all benefits Comic-Con Museum and our Education Center, and it supports our efforts to give fans of all ages a place to celebrate the popular arts year-round. Our huge thanks to Funmaker Mike for his support!”
Info and Tickets
Tickets are $125 benefitting Comic-Con Museum and its Education Center. Each ticket includes access to the party, exhibit, party favors, food, and one drink ticket, as well as opportunities to view the presentations (seating in the theater is limited), purchase collectibles, participate in the raffle, and more.
Costumes encouraged. All ages welcome.
See you there, San Diego!