Positive Movement Foundation To Host 2nd Annual Cocktails For A Cause: A Tribute To The Roaring 20’s
The Positive Movement Foundation, a local non-profit committed to supporting and empowering underserved and at-risk children and youth backed by Dan Fulkerson, Channel 933’s Geena the Latina, Alex Soria Rojas, Hailey Waitt, Omid Sabet and Erick Diaz, is thrilled to announce their 2nd Annual Cocktails for a Cause: A Tribute to the Roaring 20’s on Saturday, October 1, with an exclusive hour for VIP guests at the La Jolla Estate of Joan Waitt.
2nd Annual Cocktails for a Cause will be a night to remember
Hosted at Joan Waitt’s bluff-top estate with breathtaking views of the La Jolla Shore, the night promises to be one to remember as guests come together to support an incredible cause and give back to the local underserved and at-risk youth. The evening under the stars will include craft cocktails, delectable bites, live entertainment, a live and silent auction, and more special surprises.
“After raising $164,000 last year during the inaugural Cocktails for a Cause, we selected Bell Middle School as our sponsored school with a commitment to provide resources and funding for a minimum of two years,” said Omid Sabet, President and Founder of the Positive Movement Foundation.
“As we look forward to the upcoming calendar year, our goal is to expand the on-campus programs for the kids at Bell Middle to include unique after-school programs, clubs, and mentoring. With our 2nd Annual Cocktails for a Cause, we are looking to initiate a partnership and sponsorship of a second middle school in San Diego, where we can begin with some of the year one programs we have implemented at Bell Middle School.”.
A look back at Bell Middle School
During the Positive Movement Foundation’s first semester with Bell Middle School, they implemented both school and student programs.
The school programs included the following:
- $500 classroom wish list for each teacher.
- A $5,000 school needs wish list for general school needs.
- Over $35K for teacher and school administration needs.
- Over 100 soccer balls.
- Monthly catered lunch by local restaurants for school staff.
- Monthly staff appreciation events with team building exercises, games and meditation to increase staff morale.
- Monthly gas gift card giveaways.
- Private and free acupuncture sessions to help reduce stress and increase productivity.
- Monthly staff member of the month awards including gift cards and additional prizes.
The student programs included:
- A Fun Friday program consisting of a monthly catered lunch for all 800 students.
- A local radio station partner playing live music, live contests and dance challenges for prizes.
- 50+ unique giveaways at each event from water bottles and soccer balls to tickets to local athletic events.
- Interactive photobooth activations.
- Specials guests like the San Diego Gulls and former San Diego Chargers players.
- Student of the month award presentations.
Info and Tickets
The Positive Movement Foundation’s 2nd Annual Cocktails for a Cause: A Tribute to the Roaring 20’s is taking place on Saturday, October 1 from 7PM-11PM, with an exclusive hour for VIP guests from 6PM-7PM at the Joan Waitt La Jolla Estate.
General admission tickets start at $99 and include a 2-hour open bar and more, while VIP tickets begin at $299 and include an exclusive hosted hour, aa 4-hour open bar, and more. Hosted tables for ten guests are also available for $10,000.
For more information on the Positive Movement Foundation and its programs, please visit here.
See you there, San Diego!
Beers are flowing this weekend in San Diego, plus a whole lot more to get yourself busy and having fun this weekend. Check out our…
This Halloween season, Tappers Mini Golf & Cocktails at The Loma Club in Liberty Station will be hosting a “Haunted Tappers” takeover on the 9 hole Gopher Course. View this…
Each Sunday night starting at 8PM, Monkey Bar at Town & Country Resort will be the host of Flicks + Sips — the new Sunday ritual where locals…
The Guild Hotel, a stately cornerstone of San Diego’s downtown, is kicking off a new cocktail exploration series on Saturday, October 22, featuring Batch 22,…