San Diego Gives Launches 2022 Campaign On San Diego’s Birthday
San Diego’s birthday is coming up, and San Diego Gives thinks it’s a perfect day to launch its six-month fundraising program for San Diego-based nonprofits!
The program kicks off Saturday, July 16, with birthday party celebrations taking place at supporting businesses throughout the county.
“What better day than San Diego’s birthday to celebrate San Diego’s best nonprofits,” said Lauren Welch, Development Director of Urban Corps of San Diego County, and founder of San Diego Gives. “We’re thrilled with the response – both interest from San Diego charities, but also support from local businesses. Our goal is to educate the San Diego community about addressing the pressing needs of our region and help local nonprofits raise money from new donors.”
This year, 327 organizations have signed on to participate in the fundraising campaign.
Happy Birthday, San Diego!
The San Diego Gives campaign chose to launch the campaign in honor of San Diego’s birthday, July 16, the day San Diego was established as a city (July 16, 1769).
The birthday parties will kick off early giving, and funds raised will go into the “Love Them All” fund, evenly split among all participating San Diego nonprofits.
San Diegans can begin giving from July 17 through the end of September 8 for their favorite charities. The campaign culminates with its day of giving on Thursday, Sept. 8.
Kick-off fundraising party locations
On Saturday, July 16, the fundraising portal opens and will begin taking donations. Kick-off fundraising parties will be taking place throughout the county, including:
Alesmith Brewing Company
Miramar: 9990 AleSmith Court
All day – proceeds of the sale of the San Diego Gives beer, called “Drink Local, Give Local,” will go to the campaign
2PM to 4PM – Birthday party celebration
Escondido: 345 W Grand Avenue
All day – 15% of proceeds will go to the campaign (patrons need to bring in a fundraising flier)
Westfield UTC: 4309 La Jolla Village Drive, Suite 2330
Westfield Fashion Valley: 7007 Friars Road, Suite 542
All day – 20% of proceeds will go to the campaign
Local Roots Kombucha
Vista: 1430 Vantage Court, Suite 101
All day – proceeds of the sale of one of their featured hard kombucha flavors will go to the campaign
2PM to 4PM – Birthday party celebration
Del Mar: 12925 El Camino Real
La Jolla: 702 Pearl Street
La Mesa: 8555 Fletcher Parkway
Mission Valley : 1620 Camino de la Reina
San Marcos: 121 S. Las Posas Road
Scripps Ranch: 10785 Scripps Poway Parkway
All day – 20% of proceeds will go to the campaign (patrons need to bring in a campaign flier)
1PM to 3PM – Birthday party celebration (La Mesa, La Jolla and Mission Valley)
San Diego Padres (downtown), PETCO Park
5:40PM – kiosk at the game on the concourse
San Diego Gives BIG goals for 2022
- Raise at least $2 million for participating nonprofits.
- Engage a minimum of 4,000 donors, with at least 40% of these new givers.
- Expand the campaign to include at least 250 organizations.
- At least 75% of donors will report that the campaign positively affected their giving.
- At least 75% of participating nonprofits will report increased learning in areas of fundraising and marketing by the end of the campaign.
- Inform about local needs and nonprofit responses through bi-weekly stories of impact on the San Diego Gives website and/or on social media platforms. The campaign is committed to sharing at least 50 stories throughout the campaign.
- Provide 20+ unique nonprofit and donor learning opportunities through San Diego Gives University.
San Diego Gives thoroughly vetted every nonprofit to make sure they meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving the greater San Diego area, responding to the needs of the community with a local-first approach, and making a tangible impact.
- Represent a variety of populations and causes served by your programs and services, including but not limited to age, race, zip code, and diverse communities.
- Commit to keeping all funds raised in the greater San Diego area and have a proven track record of fiscal responsibility.
Donors can choose to give to one or more nonprofits through the San Diego Gives platform. It is straightforward to learn about new organizations and their work.
There are a diverse range of causes, from the arts, animal welfare, environmentalism, education, health, human services, equity, and social justice.
To learn more about San Diego Gives, visit the San Diego Gives website.
See you there, San Diego!
San Diego Loyal SC Manager and Executive Vice President of Soccer Operations Landon Donovan has been elected to the National Soccer Hall of Fame for…
Join Carnitas Snack Shack for their FIRST Holiday Market at the Shack! Enjoy shopping around and checking out amazing local vendors and makers of San…
Join Bivouac Ciderworks for Cider with Friends to talk all things cider. Meet cider makers, learn about the cider-making process, and taste some of San…
Celebrate the jolliest time of the year at The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa and adjacent Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. The sister Carlsbad resorts…