Rooftop Restaurant, Garibaldi, Welcomes Menu Shifts, Design Updates, & Leadership Additions
Exciting changes are underway at InterContinental San Diego’s rooftop restaurant, Garibaldi, known for its unparalleled views of the San Diego skyline and bay. The destination restaurant is welcoming menu shifts, design updates and leadership additions that will take effect mid-July.
InterContinental San Diego’s Director of Food and Beverage, Jeff Josenhans, states “With all these updates and between our team of incredible chefs and our brand new sommelier, open air location with a panoramic view of the bay and skyline, and the addition of new artwork from the third artist Garibaldi has collaborated with since its inception, this restaurant is inarguably one of the most unique dining experiences in San Diego.”
From revamped dinner, brunch and cocktail menus, to a new art installation by celebrated artist Oriana Poindexter and the addition of accomplished sommelier, Jeffery Andersen, it is clear Garibaldi has their finger on the pulse of the restaurant industry’s imperative continued evolution.
Garibaldi’s New Dinner and Cocktail Menus
In time for the peak summer season, Garibaldi’s new dinner and cocktail menus will launch Thursday, July 14.
Dinner menu highlights
The dinner menu features Southern Italian-inspired shareable bites, flatbreads, handmade pastas, mains and dolces, with highlights including:
- Octopus Neri with grilled octopus, squid ink spaghetti, serrano chile, green onions and arrabbiata sauce
- Grilled Swordfish Alla Siciliana with eggplant caponata, fennel silk, focaccia breadcrumbs and red tangerine oil
- Dolces including Italian classics like the Cannoli, Gelato, and Sorbet
Craft cocktail offerings
- Mirto di Limone with Limoncello, Malfy Limone Sicilian Gin and Egg Whites
- Margarita Italiana with Espolon Blanco, Gozio Amaretto, Lime Juice and Curoe Puree
- A selection of new enhancing spirits, amaris, top shelf liquors, and wines
Late night libations
For late night libations, Garibaldi is now offering a late night happy hour Thursday through Saturday, from 8PM until close, highlighting a selection of the craft cocktails and shared plates at a discounted price.
Garibaldi’s Weekend Brunch
Beginning on July 16, Garibaldi will begin offering brunch on Saturdays, also complete with a refreshed menu. Patrons can enjoy savory entrees like the following:
- Cliffside Omelet with shrimp, crab, uni, sun gold tomatoes, sorrento lemon and mint
- Italian Brunch Torte with cotto ham, salami, provolone, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted sweet pepper, baby spinach, cremini mushrooms and nduja tomato sauce
- Castagnaccio Bread Pancakes
- Cassata Siciliana
With brunch comes the option to purchase bottomless Caposaldo Prosecco or Aperol Spritz for an additional $29.
Working in tandem with the menu refreshes, and in addition to brand new furniture and an expanded lounge area on the outdoor terrace, Garibaldi will be installing a new art series from local photographer and ocean activist, Oriana Poindexter, highlighting her highly acclaimed ocean photography that has been featured by the Getty Museum and The Wall Street Journal.
Lastly, Garibaldi is thrilled to have recently welcomed Restaurant General Manager and Hotel Sommelier, Jeffrey Arnesen. Bringing a wealth of experience to his new role at Garibaldi, Jeffery has served at many notable restaurants including Whisk ‘n’ Ladle, Prepkitchen, Catania and more.
See you there
Garibaldi is located in Suite 1 of Intercontinental San Diego, 901 Bayfront Ct, San Diego, CA 92101. Thursday to Friday from 4:30PM-10PM, Saturday from 4PM-11PM, and Sunday from 4PM-7PM.
For updates, visit Garibaldi’s website here and follow them on Instagram.
See you there, San Diego!