Zama Now Serving Latin American Cuisine And An Amazonian Experience In Gaslamp
Zama San Diego is now open in Gaslamp, serving Latin American Cuisine with an Asian infusion and taking guests on a fabulous journey through the Amazonian jungle!
The unique blend of culinary offerings lends itself to the intrigue of the space, curated for guests looking to experience a variety of flavors, sights, and sounds. Lush and alluring from the design to the atmosphere, Zama, is San Diego downtown’s newest evening destination.
Brought to you by The San Diego Dining Group, famous for Farmer’s Table, Breakfast & Bubbles, Osteria Panevino, and more, and designed by Tucker Sadler Architects, known for projects like the AC Hotel in gaslamp and Portside Pier, Zama’s tropical rainforest-inspired space accents forest greens and natural custom wood built-ins giving the space a natural, authentic feel.
Menu focused on Latin American cuisine
Against the extravagant backdrop of the lush jungle-inspired space, Zama’s menu focuses on Latin American cuisine like:
- Salmon with broiled passion fruit glazed, mashed yuca and broccolini.
- Peruvian and Mexican crudos and ceviches like Aguachile made with shrimp, avocado cream, jalapeno and corn chips.
- Scallops with seared, coconut cream rice, guajillo mango sauce and tobiko caviar.
- Traditional Japanese hand-rolled sushi, featuring specialty items like Wagyu Maki made with beef tartare, avocado, wagyu strips and shaved truffles, Zama Crudo made with sea bass, salmon, scallops, garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds and soy, Rolls Royce Maki with shrimp tempura, asparagus, rolled, tuna strips, jalapeno garlic aioli.
Guests are encouraged to dive in and experience cuisine from Chef Tayuka (formerly of Nobu and Lumi) and sushi from Chef de Cuisine Luis Alberto Vergara.
Zama San Diego specialty cocktails
The beverage program mimics the space’s tropical flare offering cocktails highlighting refreshing exotic ingredients like pineapple, coconut, and hibiscus, like:
- Junglerita, a tequila-based drink made with pineapple-serrano margarita, lime, curacao, and pineapple-serrano shrub
- Zama-Tini made with tamarindo mezcal, pomegranate, lemon, float St. Germain foam, and hibiscus powder garnish
- Endless Nights, made with espresso-infused vodka, Mr.Black, walnut liquor, and boozy coconut whip/meringue
See you there
Zama is open Sunday through Thursday from 4PM to 10PM, and Friday and Saturday from 4PM to 11PM offering drinks, bottle service, and specialty sushi platters.
Guests can anticipate the opening of the sushi lounge later this week, open 4PM to 12AM daily.
See you there, San Diego!