LAVO San Diego Opens In Former Searsucker Space Downtown
Featuring 235 seats and occupying a prime corner in this historic Gaslamp Quarter neighborhood, LAVO San Diego brings Tao Group Hospitality‘s trademark attention to detail where every aspect is not only paid attention to, but amplified, from food and cocktails to design.
A laid-back, yet chic Southern California flair
The restaurant, located in the prominent former Searsucker space on the corner of 5th and Market, features site-specific artwork commissioned for the space by long-time collaborator and artist, Peter Tunney.
The light-filled, 15-foot loft-like restaurant houses an open kitchen, dining room with plush Hollywood banquettes, 3-sided bar with sports watching ability and outdoor sidewalk dining alongside olive trees and abundant live greenery from local North Park Nursery, antique wood floors and mirrors, and amber glowing pendants.
The latest addition to the notable Tao Group Hospitality with concepts spanning from Los Angeles to New York to Singapore, LAVO San Diego will cater to locals and visitors alike. At LAVO San Diego, guests can expect the boisterous, vibe-led dining experience of LAVO juxtaposed with a quintessential laid-back, yet chic Southern California flair.
LAVO San Diego menu highlights
Tao Group Hospitality Chief Culinary Officer, Ralph Scamardella, has created a menu of LAVO’s hits with highlights including:
- Scarpariello Wings with Lemon, Rosemary and Roasted Garlic
- “The Meatball”, a One Pound Wagyu Meatball Served with Marinara & Fresh Whipped Ricotta
- Chopped Antipasto salad
- Truffle Ricotta Cavatelli with Crema, Mushroom Ragu and Shaved Truffle
- Grilled Shrimp Spiedini with Lemon Garlic Butter, Shaved Fennel and Sweet Baby Peppers
- “Angry Maria” Brick Oven Pizza with Calabrian Chili, Tomato, Vodka Sauce, Basil Pesto and Fresh Mozzarella
- Crispy Chicken “Dominick” with White Balsamic, Potatoes and Red Chili Flakes
- Oreo Zeppole that’s Double Stuffed and served with a Malted Vanilla Milkshake
- The famous 20 Layer Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake with Peanut Butter Mascarpone
- LAVO-Lini with Vodka, Lychee, White Cranberry, Aloe Vera, Lemon and Raspberry Caviar
- Sicilian Cartel with Mezcal, Fresh Lime, Egg White and Grapefruit Cordial
- and Platinum Martini with Vodka, Noilly Prat, Choice of Gorgonzola Dolce Stuffed Olives, Lemon Twist, or Pickled Onion
- A “Bump” of Golden Osetra Caviar as well as an extensive selection of new and old world wines
See you there
LAVO San Diego is open for dinner Wednesday through Sunday from 5PM-11PM followed by lunch and brunch later this summer. The restaurant is located at 611 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101.
See you there, San Diego!