Women’s Museum Of California Hosts A Free Public Grand Opening Its Southeast San Diego Center
The Women’s Museum of California is hosting a free public grand opening of its new Southeast San Diego Center. The event will feature artwork from local San Diego and Tijuana artists, hands-on experiences and free admission to the museum on June 4.
After a ribbon cutting, the public can visit the Women’s Museum of California for free and have the chance to:
- See how “craftivism” – a form of activism through crafting – has played a role in the Women’s Movement including clothing design, painting, quilt making and “yarnbombing”.
- Admire the 2,000+ pink pompoms made by students and community members that make up an installation of a women’s symbol cascading down the front of the building.
- Take a photo with Women’s Suffrage-inspired signs, hats and sashes at a selfie station.
- Design and assemble their own Women’s Movement-inspired button
- Create a colorful pompom bookmark.
- Enjoy complimentary appetizers and drinks.
The museum will debut its featured exhibit, “Crafting Feminism: Textiles of the Women’s Movement,” highlighting how textiles have played a role through the waves of feminism.
See you there, San Diego!
Visit Carruth Cellars’ Liberty Station tasting room for a festive Christmas Market complete with San Diego local vendors and a special appearance from Santa Claus himself. View…
The USS Midway Museum will commemorate the 81st anniversary of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day with a commemoration ceremony on the flight deck. View this post on…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Fairmont Grand Del Mar as they make spirits bright this holiday season in sunny San Diego…